Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.5 release

+
Thomas Graves 2012-11-20, 19:24
+
Tom White 2012-11-27, 12:30
+
Thomas Graves 2012-11-27, 14:51
+
Tom White 2012-11-27, 17:15
+
Jason Lowe 2012-11-26, 17:40
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-11-27, 01:48
Re: [VOTE] hadoop 0.23.5 release
Thanks Aaron, I'll definitely pull in HADOOP-7868 into 0.23.6 and if we
re-spin into 0.23.5.  I unfortunately don't have an ubuntu box to test on.

Tom

On 11/26/12 7:48 PM, "Aaron T. Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>+1 (binding)
>
>I built the source, ran a single-node cluster, started up HDFS and YARN,
>did a few FS operations, and ran a few of the example jobs. I also
>verified
>the signatures.
>
>Though I don't think it necessarily warrants a new RC, I will point out
>that the native code in 0.23.5 does not compile on Ubuntu, I think because
>this JIRA isn't included:
>
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7868
>
>You might want to include that in 0.23.6, or if you spin another RC of
>0.23.5 for another reason I'd put it in there. It would've made my
>evaluation/voting easier.
>
>--
>Aaron T. Myers
>Software Engineer, Cloudera
>

>On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Thomas Graves
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> I've created a release candidate (RC0) for hadoop-0.23.5 that I would
>>like
>> to release.
>>
>> This release is a sustaining release with several important bug fixes in
>> it.
>>
>> The RC is available at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~tgraves/hadoop-0.23.5-candidate-0/
>> The RC tag in svn is here: