MapReduce >> mail # user >> Cluster wide atomic operations

Cluster wide atomic operations
How can we manage cluster-wide atomic operations? Such as maintaining an
auto-increment counter.

Does Hadoop provide native support for these kinds of operations?

An in case ultimate answer involves zookeeper, I'd love to work out doing
this in AWS/EMR.