MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta

+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-09-17, 22:03
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-18, 12:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-17, 06:38
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-18, 04:58
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-18, 22:41
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-09-19, 18:05
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-17, 09:23
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-23, 06:23
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-09-23, 23:49
Vote for the 2.1.1-beta release is closing tonight, while we had quite a
few +1s, it seems we need to address the following before doing a release:

symlink discussion: get a concrete and explicit understanding on what we
will do and  in what release(s).

Also, the following JIRAs seem nasty enough to require a new RC:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-5225 (no patch avail)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-5228 (patch avail)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-1089 (patch avail)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-5529 (patch avail)

I won't -1 the release but I'm un-casting my vote as I think we should
address these things before.

Thanks.

Alejandro
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>

> Verified the signatures and hashes for both src and binary tars. Built from
> the source, the binary distribution and the documentation. Started a single
> node cluster and tested the following:
>
> # Started HDFS cluster, verified the hdfs CLI commands such ls, copying
> data back and forth, verified namenode webUI etc.
>
> # Ran some tests such as sleep job, TestDFSIO, NNBench etc.
>

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.1-beta that I would
> > like to get released - this release fixes a number of bugs on top of
> > hadoop-2.1.0-beta as a result of significant amounts of testing.
> >
> > If things go well, this might be the last of the *beta* releases of
> > hadoop-2.x.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.1-beta-rc0
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.1-beta-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Arun
> >

> > --
> > Arun C. Murthy
> > Hortonworks Inc.
> > http://hortonworks.com/
> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> http://hortonworks.com/download/
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-24, 15:03
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-09-24, 19:18
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 20:39
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-09-24, 21:38
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-24, 22:25
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-23, 19:04
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-23, 20:22
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-09-24, 21:52