HBase >> mail # user >> Region replication?

Region replication?
Hi,

I imagine lots of HBase folks have read or will want to read
http://blog.milford.io/2011/04/why-i-am-very-excited-about-datastaxs-brisk/ ,
including comments.

My question has to do with one of the good comments from Edward Capriolo, who
pointed out that  some of the Configurations he described in his Cassandra  as
Memcached talk (
http://www.edwardcapriolo.com/roller/edwardcapriolo/resource/memcache.odp ) are
not possible with HBase because in HBase there is only 1 copy of any given
Region and it lives on a single RegionServer (I'm assuming this is correct?),
thus making it impossible to spread reads of data from one Region over multiple
RegionServers:

http://blog.milford.io/2011/04/why-i-am-very-excited-about-datastaxs-brisk/#comment-187253604
So I poked around on search-hadoop.com and JIRA, and looked at
http://hbase.apache.org/book/regions.arch.html to see about this limitation,
whether it's even mentioned as a limitation, whether there are plans to change
it or if there are some configuration alternatives that would make some of those
configurations described by Ed possible with HBase, but I actually didn't find
any explicit information about that.

Would anyone care to comment? :)

Many thanks,
Otis
--
We're hiring HBase hackers for Data Mining and Analytics
http://blog.sematext.com/2011/04/18/hiring-data-mining-analytics-machine-learning-hackers/