Hadoop >> mail # user >> kill-task syntax?

Re: kill-task syntax?

On Mar 23, 2011, at 2:02 PM, Keith Wiley wrote:

> How is that not a properly formed task id?  I copied it straight off the job tracker?  Killing a job generally works for me........although much to my dismay the job often doesn't actually die, which is why I'm not attempting to kill the underlying tasks directly.
Horribly confusing typo:  not -> now

"Yet mark his perfect self-contentment, and hence learn his lesson, that to be
self-contented is to be vile and ignorant, and that to aspire is better than to
be blindly and impotently happy."
                                           --  Edwin A. Abbott, Flatland