HBase >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] The 6th hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download

+
Stack 2013-10-11, 23:20
+
Devaraj Das 2013-10-16, 01:25
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-10-16, 02:14
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-10-17, 21:12
+
Ted Yu 2013-10-17, 21:49
+
Elliott Clark 2013-10-18, 19:37
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-10-18, 21:06
Re: [VOTE] The 6th hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
Reminder that closes tomorrow.
Thanks,
St.Ack
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hbase-0.96.0 will be our next major release.  It is intended to supplant
> the 0.94.x series.
>
> hbase-0.96.0RC5 is our sixth hbase-0.96.0 release candidate.
>
> The signed tarballs are available here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.96.0RC5<http://people.apache.org/~stack/0.96.0RC5/>
> / <http://people.apache.org/~stack/0.96.0RC5/>
>
> Note that hbase-0.96.0 comes in two flavors; a build that includes and
> runs on hadoop-1.x and another for hadoop-2.x.  You must chose the hbase
> that suits your hadoop context.
>
> Both sets of hbase artifacts, for hadoop1 and for hadoop2, are available
> in this maven staging repo:
>
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-165/
>
> More than 2k issues [1][2][3][4] are attributed to this version (counting
> fixes done against this and the 0.95.x developer series of releases).
>  More than 250 fixes have been committed since 0.95.2.  Synopsis of the
> main changes between 0.94.x and 0.96.x will follow soon.
>
> Please take it for a spin.  We are interested in any issues found but in
> particular, we would appreciate feedback on how well the migration of a
> 0.94.x dataset to run under 0.96.0 works [5].
>
> Should this candidate become hbase-0.96.0?  Please vote +/-1 by Friday,
> October 18th.
>
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
>
> 1. 0.96.0 266 issues http://goo.gl/wLmu1Y