Hadoop >> mail # user >> Socket closed Exception

Socket closed Exception

Recently we are seeing lot of Socket closed exception in our cluster. Many task's open/create/getFileInfo calls get back 'SocketException' with message 'Socket closed'. We seem to see many tasks fail with same error around same time. There are no warning or info messages in NameNode /TaskTracker/Task logs. (This is on HDFS 0.15) Are there cases where NameNode closes socket due heavy load or during conention of resource of anykind?

Thanks,
Lohit
+
Koji Noguchi 2009-03-30, 06:44