Drill, mail # dev - What language are you going to use to develop drill?

+
Zhiyuan Dai 2012-09-21, 09:02
+
Ryan Rawson 2012-09-21, 09:04
+
Ted Dunning 2012-09-21, 14:47
+
Surendra , Manchikanti 2012-09-24, 17:45
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-09-24, 17:57
+
Ted Dunning 2012-09-24, 19:31
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-09-24, 19:51
+
Philip Haynes 2012-09-29, 00:33
+
Ted Dunning 2012-09-29, 00:42
+
Ryan Rawson 2012-09-29, 00:58
Re: What language are you going to use to develop drill?
Azuryy Yu 2012-09-29, 01:03
It's absolutely in the Drill scope, Ryan, there will be a scenario such as
some one is appending data and others are concurrently doing query. so we
always need global transactions.
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Ryan Rawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> its a little out of scope of the drill project scope...
>
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Don't look at me.
> >
> > I think that the concept of global transactions is absolutely awesome.
> >
> > I just don't think it is the first order of business for Drill.
> >
> > If you want to build it, however, I would be absolutely thrilled.  I just
> > can't help with the building right now.
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:33 PM, Philip Haynes <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> I think perhaps people may have been too quick to dismiss the concept.

+
Ted Dunning 2012-09-29, 01:05
+
Philip Haynes 2012-10-01, 10:35