Chukwa, mail # dev - Re: What constitute a successful project?

+
Dai, Jason 2012-11-29, 13:54
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-30, 06:39
+
Jerome Boulon 2012-11-30, 09:04
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-30, 16:05
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-27, 08:08
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 14:19
+
Suresh Marru 2012-11-27, 12:36
+
Benson Margulies 2012-11-27, 13:54
+
ant elder 2012-11-27, 15:16
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 15:32
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-28, 05:41
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-28, 06:00
+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-27, 08:29
+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-27, 08:41
+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-26, 20:21
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-11-27, 00:39
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 03:32
+
ant elder 2012-11-27, 07:50
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 14:12
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-11-27, 04:52
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-26, 20:53
+
Jukka Zitting 2012-11-27, 00:25
+
Alan Cabrera 2012-11-27, 03:25
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-26, 21:56
Re: What constitute a successful project?
Bernd Fondermann 2012-11-26, 22:19
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did a search on issues updated in the past 6 month, and here is the list:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CHUKWA+AND+resolution+in+%28Unresolved%2C+Fixed%2C+%22Won%27t+Fix%22%29+AND+updated+%3E%3D+-180d+ORDER+BY+reporter+ASC%2C+key+DESC
>
> The community is moving forward with development even without my
> involvement.  I have only written code for 4 of 29 JIRAs.  I don't think I
> am only one that is involved in this project.  There are others that are
> working on this project at their own pace.  Some people may have been turn
> away from this project because the assumption that this project would be
> retired soon.  I am not sure how to fix this mental block that was
> implanted previously by past concerns.

Obviously I as a mentor failed to help people overcome this block, but
this is a hen/egg problem.
There are always many more people lurking than contributing.
Nobody contributing means no release, means no conributions. Chukwa
always had contributions, but didn't reach a critical mass.

  Bernd
+
Eric Yang 2012-11-26, 03:33
+