Chukwa >> mail # dev >> What constitute a successful project?

Re: What constitute a successful project?
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did a search on issues updated in the past 6 month, and here is the list:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CHUKWA+AND+resolution+in+%28Unresolved%2C+Fixed%2C+%22Won%27t+Fix%22%29+AND+updated+%3E%3D+-180d+ORDER+BY+reporter+ASC%2C+key+DESC
>
> The community is moving forward with development even without my
> involvement.  I have only written code for 4 of 29 JIRAs.  I don't think I
> am only one that is involved in this project.  There are others that are
> working on this project at their own pace.  Some people may have been turn
> away from this project because the assumption that this project would be
> retired soon.  I am not sure how to fix this mental block that was
> implanted previously by past concerns.

Obviously I as a mentor failed to help people overcome this block, but
this is a hen/egg problem.
There are always many more people lurking than contributing.
Nobody contributing means no release, means no conributions. Chukwa
always had contributions, but didn't reach a critical mass.

  Bernd