HBase, mail # user - Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster
Kevin O'dell 2012-04-03, 14:34
Anil,

  I am sorry for the delayed response.  Reviewing the logs it appears:

2/03/30 15:38:31 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Client session timed out,
have not heard from server in 59311ms for sessionid 0x136557f99c90065,
closing socket connection and attempting reconnect

12/03/30 15:38:32 FATAL regionserver.HRegionServer: ABORTING region
server serverName=ihub-dn-b1,60020,1332955859363, load=(requests=0,
regions=44, usedHeap=446, maxHeap=1197): Unhandled exception:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.YouAreDeadException: Server REPORT rejected;
currently processing ihub-dn-b1,60020,1332955859363 as dead server

  It appears to be a classic overworked RS.  You were doing too much
for the RS and it did not respond in time, the Master marked it as
dead, when the RS responded Master said no your are already dead and
aborted the server.  This is why you see the YouAreDeadException.
This is probably due to the shared resources of the VM infrastructure
you are running.  You will either need to devote more resources or add
more nodes(most likely physical) to the cluster if you would like to
keep running these jobs.