HBase >> mail # user >> HBase type support

Re: HBase type support
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Michel Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Isn't that what you get through add on frameworks like TSDB and Kiji ?
> Maybe not on the client side, but frameworks that extend HBase...

Sure. How can these tools interoperate together? Right now, they would all
have to agree on serialization and schema representation methods. They
don't; each designs their own schema and type management systems. Now the
user is experiencing vendor lockin.

This proposal puts in place an HBase-sanctioned solution for storing typed
data. The question of schema remains up to the tools, but with this
proposal, at least data can be read interoperably. Those other frameworks
can choose to use it or not, but the ones that do will all agree on how to
read and write, say, an Integer value.

Thanks,
Nick