Hadoop >> mail # general >> Release plans

+
Eli Collins 2010-02-16, 22:12
+
Stack 2010-02-18, 18:54
+
Eli Collins 2010-02-18, 19:28
+
Sanjay Radia 2010-02-18, 23:18
+
Doug Cutting 2010-02-18, 19:29
+
Allen Wittenauer 2010-02-18, 21:17
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2010-02-18, 21:28
+
Owen OMalley 2010-02-18, 21:55
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-02-18, 23:06
+
Owen OMalley 2010-02-19, 01:02
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-02-19, 01:19
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-02-19, 01:26
+
Doug Cutting 2010-02-19, 01:30
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2010-02-19, 02:08
+
Todd Lipcon 2010-02-19, 02:12
+
Tomer Shiran 2010-02-19, 03:42
+
Stack 2010-02-19, 04:36
+
Eli Collins 2010-02-19, 21:44
+
Aaron Kimball 2010-02-19, 21:48
+
Doug Cutting 2010-02-19, 21:58
+
Eli Collins 2010-02-19, 22:19
+
Doug Cutting 2010-02-19, 22:49
+
Jay Booth 2010-02-19, 22:53
+
Eli Collins 2010-02-19, 23:14
+
Doug Cutting 2010-02-19, 23:38
+
Allen Wittenauer 2010-02-20, 00:18
+
Eli Collins 2010-02-20, 00:23
+
Stack 2010-02-20, 22:04
+
Jay Booth 2010-02-22, 04:55
+
Evert Lammerts 2010-02-22, 08:40
+
Sanjay Radia 2010-02-23, 22:51
Re: Release plans
Sanjay Radia wrote:
> Rather than renaming versions, lets vote on the compatibility rules for
> 22: 22 is API compatible with 20.

I think if we elect to go this way then we should make the rule more
general, i.e.: all releases after 0.20 are to be API-compatible with
0.20 until we state otherwise (probably 1.0).  If we both release 0.21
as currently branched and we branch 0.22 from trunk in a few weeks, then
we might want to have an API-compatible 0.23 too.

Doug
+
Doug Cutting 2010-02-18, 23:20