Hadoop >> mail # general >> Release plans

Re: Release plans
Sanjay Radia wrote:
> Rather than renaming versions, lets vote on the compatibility rules for
> 22: 22 is API compatible with 20.

I think if we elect to go this way then we should make the rule more
general, i.e.: all releases after 0.20 are to be API-compatible with
0.20 until we state otherwise (probably 1.0).  If we both release 0.21
as currently branched and we branch 0.22 from trunk in a few weeks, then
we might want to have an API-compatible 0.23 too.

Doug