Hadoop >> mail # user >> how to revert from a new version to an older one (CDH3)?

Re: how to revert from a new version to an older one (CDH3)?
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM, jiang licht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Sudhir and Michael. I want to replace a new release of CDH3 (0.20.2+320) to a previous release of CDH3 (0.20.2+228). The problem is that there is no installation package for previous release of CDH3 and no source to rebuild from. If you do yum install from cloudera repository, you always get the latest release. That's why I want to know a nice way to do this. Please correct me if I am wrong. I also noticed that ppl talked about a package for each release in Cloudera-supported forum getsatisfaction.com but don't know current status.
>
> In the end, to get work done and since hadoop is simply a java application, I simply used the files installed by previous release (on other machines) and set up configurations that point to the right locations.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Ah. The dangers of installing things from the Internet!!!

The cloudera package for hadoop is great. I use it, but I DO NOT
download it from the internet every time! Why?

Because of the exact problem you are having, packages get updated and
finding the older one can be hard. Always keep a copy of your RPMs
locally! (and run your own yum repo)

You used to be able to navigate around the clouder repo and find the
older RPM inside the same folder. You still probably can hunt around
and you should be able to find it.

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/

Good luck!