MapReduce >> mail # user >> Copy data from Mainframe to HDFS

Copy data from Mainframe to HDFS
Hi ,

"How to copy datasets from Mainframe to HDFS directly?  I know that we can
NDM files to Linux box and then we can use simple put command to copy data
to HDFS.  But, how to copy data directly from mainframe to HDFS?  I have
PS, PDS and VSAM datasets to copy to HDFS for analysis using MapReduce.

Also, Do we need to convert data from EBCDIC to ASCII before copy? "

--
--Regards
  Sandeep Nemuri