Hive >> mail # user >> hive-0.10 and nullpointerexception

Re: hive-0.10 and nullpointerexception
Hi Marcin,
Sorry to hear that you ran into this.

My guess is you are using Yarn and this is, in fact, a known issue.

The culprit line here is
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/branch-0.10/ql/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/exec/Utilities.java#L209

This issue is being tracked by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-4003 which is assigned to me, I
will try to get this in sooner than later.

In the meanwhile, a workaround is to set yarn.resourcemanager.address
property to some value other than "local" so Hive queries can run on your
MR2 cluster.

Mark