HBase, mail # dev - [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues

+
Stack 2013-06-25, 03:45
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 20:40
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 20:54
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 21:54
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 22:42
+
Stack 2013-07-01, 22:34
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-01, 22:56
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-02, 00:32
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-01, 22:45
Re: [DISCUSSION] Finishing up 0.96 --> WAS Re: 0.95 and 0.96 remaining issues
Stack 2013-07-01, 22:31
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Devaraj Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> BTW I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention the work done over in
> HADOOP-9421. Sanjay Radia has been telling me that a corresponding work
> should be done in HBase as well. That will help keep the compatibility
> story straight when the work to do with pluggable authentication mechanisms
> happening elsewhere in the ecosystem takes shape..
>
> Any thoughts?

There is no description of what was finally decided on?

Looks like client initiates and then server and client can negotiate?

Can't we up the rpc version when we want to add support for negotiated
protocols?  If so, this does not have to hold up 0.96?

St.Ack
+
Stack 2013-07-09, 20:14
+