MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Hadoop Tutorial help

Re: Hadoop Tutorial help
You will need to move to minimum version of hadoop @0.20.2 or 1.0.2

0.18 is long retired.

You can just setup a plain linux VM and setup a single node hadoop using
the tutorial. Most of the things would remain same but should be straight
forward to solve through. You also dont need to compile hadoop, you can
just download pre-build hadoop binaries from apache

--
Nitin Pawar
+