MapReduce, mail # user - Regarding Hadoop Log Retention for Hadoop 0.20.2

Re: Regarding Hadoop Log Retention for Hadoop 0.20.2
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2011-12-07, 22:00

That is a stale property in log4j.properties that isn't used for anything. There are other such things like noKeepSplits, purgeLogSplits etc which seem to be stale too.

mapred.userlog.retain.hours should work just fine as Harsh correctly mentioned.

HTH,
+Vinod