Hadoop, mail # dev - symlink support in Hadoop 2 GA

+
Andrew Wang 2013-09-17, 01:49
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-09-17, 15:23
+
Colin McCabe 2013-09-17, 16:10
+
Andrew Wang 2013-09-17, 20:27
+
Colin McCabe 2013-09-17, 15:14
+
Eli Collins 2013-09-17, 22:05
+
Steve Loughran 2013-09-18, 09:29
Re: symlink support in Hadoop 2 GA
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-09-18, 11:53
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm reluctant for this as while delaying the release, because we are going
> to find problems all the way up the stack -which will require a
> choreographed set of changes. Given the grief of the protbuf update, I
> don't want to go near that just before the final release.

Well, I would use the exact same argument used for protobuf (which only
complication was getting protoc 2.5.0 in the jenkins boxes and communicate
developers to do the same, other than that we didn't hit any other issue
AFAIK) ...

IMO, it makes more sense to do this change during the beta rather than when
GA. That gives us more flexibility to iron out things if necessary.

thx

--
Alejandro
+