Hadoop >> mail # dev >> symlink support in Hadoop 2 GA

Re: symlink support in Hadoop 2 GA
On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I'm reluctant for this as while delaying the release, because we are going
> to find problems all the way up the stack -which will require a
> choreographed set of changes. Given the grief of the protbuf update, I
> don't want to go near that just before the final release.

Well, I would use the exact same argument used for protobuf (which only
complication was getting protoc 2.5.0 in the jenkins boxes and communicate
developers to do the same, other than that we didn't hit any other issue
AFAIK) ...

IMO, it makes more sense to do this change during the beta rather than when
GA. That gives us more flexibility to iron out things if necessary.

thx

--
Alejandro