HDFS >> mail # dev >> Replacing the JSP web UIs to HTML 5 applications

+
Haohui Mai 2013-10-22, 22:59
+
Luke Lu 2013-10-25, 17:02
+
Haohui Mai 2013-10-26, 02:31
+
Colin McCabe 2013-10-28, 18:16
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-10-28, 22:57
+
Haohui Mai 2013-10-28, 23:10
+
Haohui Mai 2013-10-28, 23:06
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-10-28, 23:18
+
Haohui Mai 2013-10-28, 23:58
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-10-29, 00:13
+
Zheng, Kai 2013-10-29, 12:22
+
Haohui Mai 2013-10-29, 18:28
+
Luke Lu 2013-10-30, 07:34
Re: Replacing the JSP web UIs to HTML 5 applications
I'm also not convinced that a Javascript-based approach is the way to go.
We shouldn't switch the default UI until (at a minimum) we have the
command-line tools that Colin requested, and even then I'd still want to
retain support for text-based browsers like elinks unless there are
compelling technical reasons not to.

Haohui, I'm sympathetic since you've already done all this work on a
pure-JS version, but it's also true that the existing JSP pages could be
cleaned up to achieve basically the same visual effect while also still
working in text-only browsers.

Thanks,
Andrew

+