HBase >> mail # user >> HBase - number of regionserver used

+
Andrea 2013-11-11, 17:17
+
Vinay Kashyap 2013-11-13, 01:40
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-11-18, 19:01
Re: HBase - number of regionserver used
Hi Andrea

Which version of HBase are u using? I assume you are using HBase 0.94, the
default split policy is IncreasingToUpperBoundRegionSplitPolicy, which will
split the region when it reachs 512M, 1152M,.. So initially you have one
region that's correct, once you get two regions or more, the load balance
process will run every 5 minutes to reassign you region to different of
your region servers, you should wait for them to take effect.

I'm interesting in what error message you got when the region server crash?

Cheers
Ramon