MapReduce, mail # user - Calling one MR job within another MR job

RE: Calling one MR job within another MR job
Stuti Awasthi 2012-04-04, 10:49
Hi Ashwanth,

No I have not tried oozie. I want to attain this simply through Java Map Reduce jobs.
Any ideas?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ashwanth Kumar
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Calling one MR job within another MR job

Have you tired using Oozie < http://incubator.apache.org/oozie/ >?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Stuti Awasthi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Hi all,

We have a usecase in which I start with first MR1 job with input file as File1.txt, and from this job, call another MR2 job with input as File2.txt
So :
MRjob1{
Map(){
MRJob2(File2.txt)
}
}

MRJob2{
Processing....
}

My queries are is this kind of approach is possible and how much are the implications from the performance perspective.
Regards,
Stuti Awasthi
HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd
F-8/9 Basement, Sec-3,Noida.