HDFS >> mail # user >> What's the best way to compress a folder in hadoop?

+
Félix López 2012-06-29, 07:37
Re: What's the best way to compress a folder in hadoop?
Hi,
 Please refer to the discussion here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7153087/hadoop-compress-file-in-hdfs

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Félix López <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The folder contains files with text and other folders with text files. The
> text is not key/value, it's just text. Something like this:
> Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry.
> Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dumm...
>
> I'm thinking about creating a new Hdfs command to zip in hadoop, but i'm
> not sure whether hadoop distributes the execution, because otherwise it may
> takes a long time and very cpu consuming.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Félix López 2012-06-29, 11:31
+