HDFS, mail # user - Re: Increase the number of mappers in PM mode

Re: Increase the number of mappers in PM mode
YouPeng Yang 2013-03-14, 14:27
Hi
  I have done some tests in my  Pseudo Mode(CDH4.1.2)with MV2 yarn,and   :
  According to the doc:
  *mapreduce.jobtracker.address :*The host and port that the MapReduce job
tracker runs at. If "local", then jobs are run in-process as a single map
and reduce task.
  *mapreduce.job.maps (default value is 2)* :The default number of map
tasks per job. Ignored when mapreduce.jobtracker.address is "local".

  I changed the mapreduce.jobtracker.address = Hadoop:50031.

  And then run the wordcount examples:
  hadoop jar  hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.0.0-cdh4.1.2.jar wordcount
input output

  the output logs are as follows:
   Job Counters
Launched map tasks=1
Launched reduce tasks=1
Data-local map tasks=1
Total time spent by all maps in occupied slots (ms)=60336
Total time spent by all reduces in occupied slots (ms)=63264
     Map-Reduce Framework
Map input records=5
Map output records=7
Map output bytes=56
Map output materialized bytes=76

 i seem to does not work.

 I thought maybe my input file is small-just 5 records . is it right?

regards