HBase, mail # user - Ganglia Vs Nagios

+
bhushan.kandalkar 2013-02-27, 06:40
+
Leonid Fedotov 2013-02-27, 07:43
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-02-28, 02:59
+
Swathi V 2013-02-27, 07:35
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-02-28, 16:31
+
Leonid Fedotov 2013-02-28, 21:53
Re: Ganglia Vs Nagios
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-28, 22:26
Hi Leonid,

On Sematext's screenshot I can see Disk/CPU/JVM/Network/GC/etc.

I think it's doing a bit more than just the HBase metrics. Also, it
might be possible to configure it to add more Hadoop related
information?

Maybe it's less complete than a solution you install yourself on your
server, but the + is  that it's very easy to install...

JM

2013/2/28 Leonid Fedotov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Brushan,
> I do not think this sematext.com solution is what you are looking for.
> It only monitors HBase and nothing else in the Hadoop ecosystem.
> As Enis said, go to Ambari and it will give you full size monitoring/alerting/management functionality.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Sincerely,
> Leonid Fedotov
>

> On Feb 28, 2013, at 8:31 AM, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have a look at
>> http://sematext.com/spm/hbase-performance-monitoring/index.html (screenshot
>> included).  It does both monitoring and alerting and it's a SaaS, so you
>> don't have to fiddle with Ganglia and Nagios, install, upgrade, etc.
>>
>> Otis
>> --
>> Solr & ElasticSearch Support
>> http://sematext.com/
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:40 AM, bhushan.kandalkar <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need to monitor my Hadoop/HBase cluster.
>>>
>>> Which tool is good? Ganglia or Nagios?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bhushan
>>>

>>> Disclaimer:
>>> This e-mail may contain Privileged/Confidential information and
>>> is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any review, retransmission,
>>> issemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this
>>> information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
>>> proh
>>> ibited. Please notify the sender, if you have received this e-mail by