HBase, mail # user - does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?

+
kaveh minooie 2013-02-22, 19:15
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-02-22, 19:43
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-22, 19:49
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-02-22, 19:51
+
anil gupta 2013-02-23, 07:24
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-23, 22:38
Re: does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?
Harsh J 2013-02-22, 21:19
While this general guideline of not requiring a DN on HM is correct, I
just wanted to point out that the HM is hardly high on memory
usage/requirements (as possibly stated below), as all it does is
maintain the cluster and not serve nor hold any client-useful data or
frequent requests.

--
Harsh J
+