HBase >> mail # user >> does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?

Re: does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?
While this general guideline of not requiring a DN on HM is correct, I
just wanted to point out that the HM is hardly high on memory
usage/requirements (as possibly stated below), as all it does is
maintain the cluster and not serve nor hold any client-useful data or
frequent requests.

--
Harsh J