Hadoop >> mail # user >> Matrix multiplication in Hadoop

RE: Matrix multiplication in Hadoop

Ok Mike,

First I admire that you are studying Hadoop.

To answer your question... not well.

Might I suggest that if you want to learn Hadoop, you try and find a problem which can easily be broken in to a series of parallel tasks where there is minimal communication requirements between each task?

No offense, but if I could make a parallel... what you're asking is akin to taking a normalized relational model and trying to run it as is in HBase.
Yes it can be done. But not the best use of resources.