Avro >> mail # user >> Problem fetching Netty jar with 1.4.1

Problem fetching Netty jar with 1.4.1
Hey,

I'm trying to upgrade HBase to Avro 1.4.1 and getting a problem when Maven
tries to fetch Netty. It appears that the JBoss repository is not being
searched; do I need to add the JBoss repository to the top-level HBase
pom.xml, or should it find the JBoss repository in the Avro 1.4.1 pom.xml? I
would have expected the latter, but when I explicitly copy the JBoss
repository information from http://www.jboss.org/netty/downloads.html into
the HBase pom.xml, the build works; when the JBoss repo is not added to the
HBase pom, it breaks.

I also noticed that the repository location specified in the Avro pom.xml is
a bit different from the one specified at
http://www.jboss.org/netty/downloads.html, but I would be surprised to learn
that our pom.xml was busted for a release.

So: any ideas on why HBase is having trouble finding the Netty jar?

Thanks,
Jeff

Full error message:

[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.jboss.netty:netty:jar:3.2.1.Final' in