HBase, mail # user - how do you keep the hbase document correct?

Re: how do you keep the hbase document correct?
Stack 2012-12-26, 17:45
On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM, 周梦想 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I keep a translation of Chinese version of the HBase official reference
> guide document: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html
> The translation page is http://abloz.com/hbase/book.html

Thank you for doing this.  Should we add a link to your version from off
the hbase main page?  We could add it the the left hand menu underneath the
"Ref Guide (Single Page)" link?

> I'm now using dreamweaver to edit book.html, which is directly downloaded
> from apache hbase official refence guide.
> Some one can tell me how the author edit the book.html? which tool the
> author is using?And how can I update the chapter number correctly with the
> english version?

The manual is marked up using docbook http://www.docbook.org/.  We then use
http://code.google.com/p/docbkx-tools/ maven plugin to transform the markup
to html.  This plugin is run when you specify the site goal as in 'mvn
site' or you can call the plugin explicitly to just generate the manual by
doing 'mvn -Donepage docbkx:generate-html' (It looks like you have to call
site first because docbkx wants to include a transformed
hbase-default.xml...).  We do the transform twice, once to generate the
multipage manual and then again for the single page manual (the single page
version is easier to search).

I would suggest that you not edit the html files if possible but instead
edit the xml at src/docbkx and then yourself run the html generation.  If
you need help setting up a system, just ask.

Again, thanks for taking this on.
St.Ack