Accumulo >> mail # dev >> One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 15:23
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 19:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 21:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 21:53
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 22:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-07, 01:49
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 20:18
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 20:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:44
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 15:49
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:57
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 16:01
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-07, 16:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 16:27
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 16:24
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-07, 16:28
+
David Medinets 2013-03-07, 16:55
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 19:27
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 17:13
Re: One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM, David Medinets
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought it was a safe change because I made it to trunk. Sorry about
> the disruption. Please revert. This issue is not worth spending any of
> your time. And we can always run the script later to remove trailing
> spaces. My concern is why  there was a disruption? Could I have done

The problem is this type of change makes merges from 1.5 to 1.6 very
difficult.  We are still making lots of bug fixes in the 1.5 branch
and merging them to trunk.

I will revert it.