HBase >> mail # dev >> stable HBase branch Was: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download

+
Ted Yu 2012-09-12, 22:47
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-09-12, 22:56
+
Ted Yu 2012-09-12, 23:00
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-09-12, 23:09
Re: stable HBase branch Was: ANN: The second hbase 0.92.2 release candidate is available for download
I think there seem to be two concepts here (as J-D said in his first
email): stable release vs. stable branch.

So how should we interpret this single stable symlink ?

Thanks

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Let's consider the following scenario in chronological order:
> > 0.92.x is released
> > 0.94.y is released
> > 0.92.x+1 is released
> >
> > Would the stable symlink point alternately to each of the releases as
> > they're available ?
>
> That would really not work and I'm sure you can think of a few reasons
> why (like people jumping from 0.94 to 0.92 to 0.94).
>

> > Or should we have two symlinks, one for 0.92 branch, one for 0.94 branch
> ?
>
> Why.
>
> J-D

+