HBase >> mail # user >> HBase is not running.

Re: HBase is not running.
Ah yeah the master advertised itself as:

Attempting connect to Master server at
ip72-215-225-9.at.at.cox.net,46122,1369408257140

So the region server cannot find it since that's the public address
and nothing's reachable through that. Now you really need to fix your
networking :)

J-D