HBase >> mail # user >> Ganglia website refuses connection despite proxy (Hbase EC2)

+
Saptarshi Guha 2010-11-19, 07:55
+
Lars George 2010-11-19, 10:15
+
Saptarshi Guha 2010-11-19, 17:24
Re: Ganglia website refuses connection despite proxy (Hbase EC2)
Yes, messages is the right place. Saw this

Nov 19 12:25:26 ip-10-98-154-214 /usr/sbin/gmetad[1293]: Unable to
mkdir(/var/lib/ganglia/rrds/unspecified): No such file or directory

Cheers
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 2:15 AM, Lars George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah, this will be superseded by WHIRR-25 over the next month or two.
> The "root" name was simply a choice, no reason not to change it. As
> for Ganglia, do you see the Ganglia daemon run on each node? If not,
> please have a look into the logs on the servers, the user scripts
> usually log their process in the /var/log/messages or so.
>
> Please feel free to add any idea to the above WHIRR-25
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-25) so that we can
> include it.
>
> Lars
>
> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 8:55 AM, Saptarshi Guha
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks to apurtells github repo of the hbase-ec2 i managed to start an
> > hbase cluster.
> > Everything works nicely, I can check the uis of the JT/NN and Hbase
> Master.
> >
> > What I cant see are the ganglia metrics despite the url provided by the
> proxy
> >
> > http://ec2-a-b-c-d.compute-1.amazonaws.com/ganglia
> >
> > There was an error collecting ganglia data (127.0.0.1:8652): fsockopen
> > error: Connection refused
> >
> > 1) How can i check if even ganglia is running?
> >
> > On a side note, in the hbase-ec2 scripts, all the code to run an
> > instance uses -k root.
> > I changed this to -k $EC2_ROOT_PAIR_NAME where pair name is the name
> > of the key I created, thus I dont
> > have to restrict myself to -k root. This appears to work for me.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Joy
> >
> > HBASE_VERSION=0.20.4
> > HADOOP_VERSION=0.20.2