Zookeeper, mail # user - Distribution Problems With Multiple Zookeeper Clients

RE: Distribution Problems With Multiple Zookeeper Clients
Narasimha Tadepalli 2012-05-25, 16:41
No actually server keep accumulating lot of jobs in queue which are not picking up by any of these idle worker instances. Those jobs are waiting until the other workers finished their currently processing jobs. Where do you exactly suggesting me to put sleeps to prevent watchers receiving events further? As long as zookeeper session is active I didn't find any way to control these watchers to stop receiving events. Please advise me if there is way to control it.

Thanks
Narasimha

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Camille Fournier
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:22 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Distribution Problems With Multiple Zookeeper Clients

You can put random sleeps in after you get a notification before you try to grab the lock, or sleeps based on the active job count, to favor workers with no or few jobs in flight. It seems to me that if you have limited the jobs able to be processed on a worker by limiting your thread pool appropriately, and if you still aren't hitting all 30 servers, maybe you don't need 30 servers to be doing these jobs? Is that possible?