Flume, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0-rc1
Roshan Naik 2012-11-13, 00:33
-1  (non binding)

I see the following Integration tests .. sepcifically (TestFileChannel,
TestRpcClient, TestRpcClientCommunicationFailure )

The nature of the error is the same...

 <testcase time="0.095"
classname="org.apache.flume.test.agent.TestFileChannel" name="testInOut">
    <error message="Failed to locate tar-ball distribution. Please specify
explicitly via system property: flume.dist.tarball"
type="java.lang.Exception">java.lang.Exception: Failed to locate tar-ball
distribution. Please specify explicitly via system property:
flume.dist.tarball
        at
org.apache.flume.test.util.StagedInstall.<init>(StagedInstall.java:207)
        at
org.apache.flume.test.util.StagedInstall.getInstance(StagedInstall.java:75)

Build Steps:...

- mvn package -DskipTests
- mvn test

I got the same erors with ... mvn clean install.

See attachment for more details on the error. fyi.. I am building on a
macbook pro.
-roshan