From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 2:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: log4j defaults for AM & task

Unfortunately this isnt' well documented, but if the cmd-line for your container has <LOG_DIR>, that variable will be substituted by the NodeManager with the directory where the logs will be put.

For e.g. you can pass in: myapp.py 2> <LOG_DIR>/stderr etc.

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-772 to track documentation for this and other such features which are available.

thanks,
Arun

--