Hive >> mail # user >> Re: hive columns display

+
Sai Sai 2013-03-04, 08:37
Re: hive columns display
Hi,

See this

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/trunk/conf/hive-default.xml.template

There is one property , if you set that to true it would show.

<property>
  <name>hive.cli.print.header</name>
  <value>false</value>
  <description>Whether to print the names of the columns in query
output.</description>
</property>
Thanks,

Jagat Singh
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Sai Sai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When we run a query in hive like:
>
> Select * from myTable limit 10;
>
> We get the results successfully but the column names r not displayed.
> Is it possible to display the column names also so the data and the
> columns can be related right away without running a describe table.
>
> Thanks,
> Sai

+
Sai Sai 2013-03-04, 08:55