HBase >> mail # user >> Hbase scans taking a lot of time

Re: Hbase scans taking a lot of time
Vibhav,

Hive submits a map-reduce job to hdfs cluster.* How many node cluster you
have?*

>>Because of this, if I scan the entries of the table using Hive it is
taking
>>ages.

Do you have 'order by' or 'group by' clause in you query? Queries take
longer to execute with these clauses.
Try with Hbase Filters if it can fit with your need. It would be
comparatively faster with limitations ( no order by' or 'group by' no joins)

Regards,
Alok

--
Alok Kumar