Zookeeper >> mail # user >> ZK fsync warning

Re: ZK fsync warning
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Brian Tarbox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does this warning mean a: the log is too big, b: zk is competing with another process for disk access, c: other?

That's timing how long the fsync takes on the txnlog, typically it
runs log because the disk is busy, or the OS has a large number of
dirty pages on the volume (ext3 esp), etc...

> How should one respond to the warning?

The admin and troubleshooting guides both provide some insight, but in
particular the txnlog should be on a dedicated spindle (non-vm obv) if
you care about performance (latency). Any fsync timing that's large
than/near your session timeout is going to be trouble.

Patrick