Hive >> mail # user >> 0.8.0 -> 0.9.0 mysql schema upgrade

Re: 0.8.0 -> 0.9.0 mysql schema upgrade
Looks like this column is not even there in the 0.8/0.9 schema files .  I have no idea, how I have it in my schema . I just set a default 'false' value  and I m fine now.
Sam

On Jan 4, 2013, at 2:22 PM, Sam William <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I upgraded to 0.9.0,  Im getting an exception when I try to create tables
>
> FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Insert of object "org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.model.MStorageDescriptor@4774e78a" using statement "INSERT INTO `SDS` (`SD_ID`,`NUM_BUCKETS`,`LOCATION`,`INPUT_FORMAT`,`CD_ID`,`OUTPUT_FORMAT`,`SERDE_ID`,`IS_COMPRESSED`) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)" failed : Field 'IS_STOREDASSUBDIRECTORIES' doesn't have a default value
> NestedThrowables:
> java.sql.SQLException: Field 'IS_STOREDASSUBDIRECTORIES' doesn't have a default value
>

> The upgrade script from 0.8 to 0.9   doesnt have anything ?  What am I missing ?
>
> Sam William
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sam William
[EMAIL PROTECTED]