Hadoop, mail # user - RE: stop-dfs.sh does not work

RE: stop-dfs.sh does not work
Devaraj k 2013-07-10, 06:19
Hi,

Are you trying to stop the DFS with same user or different user?

Could you check whether these processes are running or not using 'jps' or 'ps' .

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: YouPeng Yang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 10 July 2013 11:01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: stop-dfs.sh does not work

Hi users.

    I start my HDFS by using :start-dfs.sh. And add the node start successfully.
However the stop-dfs.sh dose not work when I want to stop the HDFS.
It shows : no namdenode to stop
           no datanode to stop.

I have to stop it by the command: kill -9 pid.
So I wonder that how the stop-dfs.sh does not  work no longer?
Best regards
+
deepak rosario tharigopla... 2013-07-10, 06:03