Hive >> mail # user >> Help with regexp_extract sytax

+
Saurabh Nanda 2010-01-05, 10:19
Re: Help with regexp_extract sytax
; throwing it off, try:

select to_date(ts), regexp_extract(cookies, '(urltrack__goo.*?\;)', 1)
from hits where dt='2009-04' and lower(cookies) rlike
'(.*)urltrack__goo(.*)'
limit 5;

On 1/5/2010 2:19 AM, Saurabh Nanda wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying the following query but it doesn't seem to be
> syntactically correct:
>

> hive> select to_date(ts), regexp_extract(cookies,
> '(urltrack__goo.*?;)', 1) from hits
> > where dt='2009-04' and lower(cookies) rlike '(.*)urltrack__goo(.*)'
> > limit 5;
> FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:60 mismatched input '*' expecting
> Identifier in expression specification
>
> Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my regept_extract expression?
>
> Thanks,
> Saurabh.
> --
> http://nandz.blogspot.com