HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote

+
Stack 2013-04-01, 23:52
+
Stack 2013-04-02, 18:07
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-02, 18:20
+
Stack 2013-04-02, 20:28
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-04-02, 20:39
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-01, 23:59
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-02, 01:05
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-04-02, 02:32
Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote
On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Hi Stack,
>
> What are the expectations regarding 0.95? Should we open JIRAs for the
> issues we found like for the other releases?

That'd be great JM.

> I just tried to start it out of the box and it's failing. It tries to
> write on the /var/folders/ directory, which doesn't exist.

Can you tell what is trying to write?  I do not know of a /var/folders
mention in code base (doesn't mean there isn't one).

> Since it's a dev release, I can configure that, or add the rights, or
> create the directory, etc. and continue the testing with the remaining
> test cases. Or should I report even such small issues?

Like Andrew said, if it doesn't start out of the box, that is not small.
 Probably warrants a new RC.  Try and figure who is making the /var/folder