Zookeeper, mail # user - curator service discovery, search to Select a service intance

curator service discovery, search to Select a service intance
Yasin 2013-01-28, 20:10
Hello everyone,

I am looking into curator service discovery API to implement a service that
meets some requirements. I know there are three strategies to retrieve a
service instance: Round-robin, Random, and Sticky. I want something
different than these strategies.

Suppose I have 3 service instance with id of 3, 5, 8. Client does not have
any information about these ids. When client request an instance with id of
5 "getNewInstance(5)", the service should return the instance whose id is 5.
This is OK since we have it in our repository. However, when client issues
"getNewInstance(6)", the service provider should return the instance whose
id is 8, not an error. I mean the service provider should return the
instance whose is the next smallest one in the repository. I do not know if
this is possible with the current strategies.

Any help/comment is appreciated.

best
Yasin

Jordan Zimmerman 2013-01-28, 20:15