Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop and creating external table

+
Santosh Achhra 2013-01-07, 11:52
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-07, 12:23
Re: Sqoop and creating external table
Another option is to use the .hiverc file and set the property to make it external. This will default the tables to being external. It is a hack but you ca avoid the alter table command.

Thanks,
Ranjith

On Jan 7, 2013, at 6:23 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Santosh,
> Sqoop is not supporting HIVE external tables at the moment.
>
> Feel free to file a JIRA [1] to add such support.
>
> Jarcec
>
> Links:
> 1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP
>
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 07:52:17PM +0800, Santosh Achhra wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is creating external tables not supported in Sqoop ? When I execute sqoop
>> import command with --hiveimport option, by default a managed tables is
>> getting created, then I have to fire Alter command to change table
>> properties to change table to external table
>>
>> Good wishes,always !
>> Santosh
+
Santosh Achhra 2013-01-08, 05:47