Sqoop, mail # user - Sqoop and creating external table

Re: Sqoop and creating external table
Ranjith 2013-01-08, 03:27
Another option is to use the .hiverc file and set the property to make it external. This will default the tables to being external. It is a hack but you ca avoid the alter table command.

Thanks,
Ranjith